The Library of Geology (UB-CSIC), housed in the Faculty of Earth Sciences of the University of Barcelona (UB), is jointly managed by the Faculty of Geology of the University of Barcelona (UB) and Geociencias Barcelona (GEO3BCN-CSIC). Founded in 1983, aims at the dissemination of publications in the broad field of the Earth Sciences.
This library is one of the most important geology libraries in Spain in terms of repository of journals and books and quality of service. Books may be consulted via the computerized catalogues of the CSIC and UB, including Internet. The library has 16,500 volumes and 1054 journals (700 are received regularly), 15,000 maps and 20,000 aerial photographs in addition to the major bibliographic databases (GEOREF, PASCAL, SCI, Current Contents, CINDOC, and bibliography of the Geology of Spain).
It is one of the more than 90 libraries of research integrating the Library Network of the CSIC. It is placed in the ground floor of the Faculty of Geology of the UB (c/ Martí I Franquès, s/n, 08028 Barcelona).
- Carta de Servicios de la Red de Bibliotecas del CSIC
- Room of reading to consult the own funds of the library. The library has an area of 1.550 m2, and has 150 bookmarks, 7 computers, 1 reproducer of video, 8 stereoscopes for air photographies and 1 reader of microcards.
- Personal loan. Documents in loan can only take out the staff from GEO3BCN and the University of Barcelona. Our library, of titularity shared with the University of Barcelona, uses the regulations of loan of the UB.
- Interlibrarian loan.Allows the possibility to access to works (books and articles of magazines) that are physically in other libraries.
- Reprography.The library has a photocopying machine in self-service.
- Complaints and suggestions (CSIC electronic site)
Catalogues & e-resources
- CSIC Library Network Website
- Catalogue CSIC and Catalogue UB. The catalogues brief about the bibliographical references of documents of libraries and give information about location of the copies. They do not give information about the bibliographical references of the articles included in: magazines, congresses, seminars, etc.
- Electronic books and magazines in CSIC and UB.
- E-Journals Portals, e-books and databases search CSIC . Search engines for electronic resources.
- BIGPI Database. The library is currently compiling articles, lectures, books, theses, etc. of Earth Sciences of the Iberian Peninsula (BIGPI).
- CSIC Virtual Library allows you to search across all CSIC Libraries and Archives Network collections, both print and electronic.
- Digital.CSIC is a deposit of digital documents, whose objective is to organize, archive, preserve and disseminate production will open access intellectual property resulting from research activities of the CSIC.
- Access PAPI. Through the service PAPI can be accessed the electronic resources of the CSIC from any point with connection in Internet, even if we are not inside a CSIC centre. All the CSIC personnel that are registered in the Corporate Intranet have access to the service using their Intranet credentials.
It is an international general Earth Science journal providing an innovative and high-quality media of scientific dissemination. Geologica Acta aims to stimulate rapid diffusion of results and efficient exchange of ideas between the widespread communities of Earth Science researchers (with special emphasis on Latin-American, the Caribbean, Europe, and the Mediterranean regions). The Journal is edited in collaboration with the University of Barcelona. Since 2007,Geologica Acta is included in the Journal Citation Report of ISI Thomson with an Impact Factor of 1.262 in 2012 and a Five year Impact Factor of 1.653.