Georisks and Global Change
Geoscientists involved in this challenge contribute to decision-making through a risk management framework designed to examine technical and social issues related to sustainability.
Our research focus on:
- Experimental and mathematical modelling of the environmental and geological risks process.
- Development of specific methodologies to evaluate the danger, vulnerability and risk management.
- Development of predictive scenarios for multi-hazard and cascade effect
- The multidisciplinary characterization of the geological record for the reconstruction of climatic oscillations and environmental fluctuations of the past as analogs for the near future global changes.
- Assessment of the geological and environmental risks associated with the climate change.
- Risk assessments related to anthropic activities (induced seismicity, stability and subsidence of the terrain, occupation and modification of river courses, etc.) using geological and geophysical tools.
Challenge coordinator: Adelina Geyer