Society demands nowadays a detailed and precise subsurface knowledge of our planet is increasing owing to the increasingly pressing need of raw materials of a highly technological society. Therefore, Geosciences must focus on the development of new and cutting-edge methodologies and on the exploration and exploitation of raw mineral and energetic resources following sustainable and environmental friendly policies assessing and mitigating the potential risks and adverse environmental impacts.
Our research focus on:
- Development of new geological and geophysical strategies aimed at both private companies and public sector to meet their demand on valuable and strategic natural raw material and high- and low-entalphy energetic recources.
- Multidisciplinary studies of analogues of hydrocarbon reservoirs in compressive and distensive systems.
- Multidisciplinary characterization of the formation and evolution of districts, at regional and local level, for their sustainable and environmental frliendly exploitation.
- Multidisciplinary characterization of the main subsoil geological structures that might help to create large infrastructures such as tunnels, roads and oil pipelines according to the sustainable recommendations.
- Prospecting of hazardous waste sites, CO2 storage-sequestration and the evolutionary monitoring of those warehouses.
- Conventional and non-conventional hydrocarbon prospecting.